Late in 2016, my stepfather of 40+ years began showing signs of confusion and decline following the deaths of several loved ones. Phone calls and visits were difficult due to the cognitive struggles, and then there were more serious issues such as him forgetting food cooking on the stovetop. His medical issues continued and warranted […]
Accidental Medication Poisoning
This morning as I was checking my work inbox, I received a most timely E-mail message from one of our health system partner “champions”: “The world is a bit crazy right now, but we are holding up. I had a friend approach me this week and ask for a DisposeRx packet because he recently had […]
Accidental medication poisoning in children is still possible despite child resistant packaging. According to statistics provided by Safe Kids Worldwide every 9 minutes a child is admitted to an emergency room in the US suffering symptoms of accidental medication poisoning. Read more about how child resistant caps may not be enough to stop your child from accessing medication and ending up in the emergency room.